- One year certificate from college or technical school; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and DOS programs.
- Must own a set of startup tools.
- Advanced knowledge in component identification, soldering, reading and understanding schematics.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work unsupervised and remain productive.
Ability to read and write minimal English for safety reasons.
Bilingual is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.