Summary: Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
1. Provides help desk support for desktop and laptop computers using Microsoft Office.
2. Sets up and configures personal computers in Microsoft Windows environment.
3. Installs servers and network hardware.
4. Installs network and cable at office and drilling rigs.
5. Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
6. Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
7. Instructs users in use of equipment.
8. Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
9. Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
10. Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.